Monday, July 11, 2011

First of hopefully many blog posts


Hey guys!
To start things off, a few things about me.
I'm a 17-year-old guy who lives in Lansford, PA.
It's a really small town in the Poconos.
I'm spending the summer in New York City working.
Ironically, I'm currently not working as I was laid off.

I've been craving a place where I could simply rant, share music, and rant some more. Facebook and Tumblr don't really let me do these things.

Deep down in, I don't care if I have many followers or not, as I am brand-spanking-new to blogging and not really social.



First rant. Ever. Are you ready?
One day, I was out with friends when my mother called me demanding my appearance at the homestead. She announced I would be headed to New York to work the next day.
So, the next day I packed, made myself look decent, and got on the bus. My mother didn't even say goodbye. She was on pletnyoffish.com, so this is understandable.
The day after arriving in New York, I started work at a document management facility.
It's honestly as exciting as it sounds.
Basically, we make digital copies of documents from places like Pfizer and law offices.
My job is taking out staples. Who cares that Ryan is handy with computers?
So I sit there, unstapling papers as Roberta runs around confused because Internet Explorer is showing a new tab and she wants to go to her old tab.
After a week of working there, my supervisor told me that I don't have to come in any more because there aren't any more documents to unstaple.
/end rant.

On the upside, being I'm stuck in New York now, I've been exploring it and its music scene.
Although this isn't anything new, it truly is the essence of the city.
Walk on the Wild Side by Lou Reed
Why can't popular singers of today produce such music? Because they play the computer and sing about sparkles and sluts.
I was born in the wrong time period. I swear.


No comments:

Post a Comment